Thursday, December 8, 2011

Trash calendar - no 8: Moonlighting in the bedroom

My Advent calendar:
I challenge myself to each day till Christmas fill a bag with stuff from this house and trash it,
either to the dustbin or recycling or charity, but it has to leave the house.


Starting on the second week of my advent calendar I realize that the first week has just been the warm up for the difficult tasks to come. Sorting through napkins and vases and games - that's easy.
What comes next however...
Today I started trashing in my bedroom.
In here I've shoved four cabinets and a bookcase, which is OK.
But it's also here most of the mess and clutter is stored, and that's what I want to get rid of.
I'm not going to show how my bedroom looks now - I have pride!
I've been dreading this sooo much because once I start with one cabinet then it will have significance on the contents of another and so on and so on. It's all connected.  And when I start the reorganizing and clear outs of my cabinets it will be more caotic then ever!
But here goes!
I've made a plan of contents for the cabinets and if what I have is too much to fit into the designated cabinet - well, then I'll have to trash it.
I keep repeating to myself I'll only keep what we love, use and need.

So late last night - actually it was today because it was after midnight -  I had a clear out in the cabinet for hanging clothes.
It also contains beddings and table cloths, and the boxes are for sewing accessories.
Most of the clothes hanging here I never use, but I've held on to the clothes because I've been thinking  I might!
No more so - trash it.
I've also emptied a cabinet in my daughters room that had my clothes in it and which were just as seldomly used - trashed!
No thinking about it - just do!

Before

After

Trashed
A lovely big pile of clothes to donate makes my eigth pile to trash.
Even my old broken mac will have to go.



2 comments:

  1. Vilken rolig idé! Och så bra sen.... Själv älskar jag att röja och slänga. Känner mig ren efteråt :)
    Tack för besöket hos mig. Nu hittade jag ju dig. Och hit kommer jag tillbaka. Vad ska ut imorgon tro?
    Kramar Kicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koser meg med adventskalenderen din hver dag:) Og blir veldig inspirert til å gjennomføre noe slikt selv.
    God helg!
    Klem E

    ReplyDelete