Saturday, December 10, 2011

Trash challenge - no 10: Flippin' through the pages - and an unexpected visitor


My Advent calendar:
I challenge myself to each day till Christmas fill a bag with stuff from this house and trash it,
either to the dustbin or recycling or charity, but it has to leave the house.






This clematis I didn't get round to plant before the end of garden season, so I took it inside so it wouldn't freeze. And now it's thriving, growing buds and flowers. Lovely. But suddenly I noticed the flowers were rapidly disappearing and I couldn't understand why - until I saw this little fellow:)


For today's trashing I had planned a new go in the upstairs closet, but it will have to be postponed. We've been buzy doing other stuff all day, and then it became evening and I just couldn't bring myself to rummage around in the upstairs closet on a Saturday evening.


Way to many magazines - time to let some of them go
Instead I've placed myself in a soft chair, feet high and a fresh cup of coffee, quiet, and a pile of old interior design magazines, to see if I can't trash some of them, but first I'm going to flip through them and tear out pages I want to keep.



So I don't have nothing to show for myself today except a pile of work not yet done.

EDITED THE DAY AFTER:
I got through the pile of magazines. It's funny, while looking through the magazines, most of them 3-4 years old, I noticed that already back then there were some interior features that I thought was quite fresh, like black walls and blond tree. And then again there were stuff that was everywhere in the old magazines - now hardly to be seen at all.  And also to see how my own style and likings have changed; features I loved looking at a few years ago, now no longer interest me. Well, anyways that made it easier to throw these old magazines out.


The after


Trashed

The little pile is the tear-out-keeps, and the big pile is the had-to-go. I weighed it; it's 12 kilos. 12 KILOS!
A really heavy load made my tenth bag of trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment