Monday, October 3, 2011

Autumn cleaning the big flower box





On the north side of the house I've built a rather big flower box. 
The idea was for the green to camouflage the ugly litter box that sits right next to it. 
Since this is the north side of the house there's shadow most of the day.

In it I've therefore chosen shadow loving plants: hosta, fern, eunymus fortunei (klatrebeinved), Christmas rose / helleborus niger, foxglove.


During summer the hosta and a few chosen varieties of weeds have thrived and the others not so much.
Now I've weeded and cut back the hosta.
Love hostas but next year it will have to go, it's taking up way too much space. 

And I'll find a new climber. I tried aristolochia macrophylla (in Norwegian pipeholurt) but that didn't make it through the winter.







No comments:

Post a Comment