So now that the holiday is over it's time to get some serious work done, remember my scheme to get the house in order?
There's so much to do I hardly knew where to begin.
I decided to start in the kitchen.
I cleaned out the cupboard under the kitchen sink, it really needed an overhawl and a good cleaning.Empty and clean. I didn't take a before picture - it was too horrible.
This is what was in the cupboard.
This is what was put back into the cupboard:
- two trash bins; one for organic / smelly trash and one for not organic / not smelly trash
- a stylish bouquet of dish brushes, 9 to be exactly. I'm not sure how many are necessary in a household, but apparently quite a few.
- cleaning products for the dishes / dish washer
- cleaning products for the stove and oven
- stash for the house plants; water can, shower bottle
This was relocated (to the cupborads in the downstairs hall or garage):
- two packages of plastic gloves
- two bottles of hand soap
- a bag with tree bottles of strong detergents
- extra parts to the dish washer
Nothing was tossed.
|A stylish bouquet of dish brushes|
So now it looks like this - not charming, but tidy and clean, and with only products I'll use.
It might leave a messy impression however because of all the colourful packaging. I prefer the original packaging - it makes it so much easier to find out what the various products are and what its contents are.